Tours are 2 hours and cover about 3 miles of flat, easy terrain. We glide gently through the Historic District’s streets, stopping often to hear about and admire the sights, take pictures, and enjoy the ambience. Savannah's street plan is such that we rarely backtrack, and seldom pass sights more than once. On most tours, we will see:
· At least 9 of Savannah’s crown jewels—the squares!
· Forsyth Park & its beautiful fountain
· Colonial Park Cemetery, our oldest burial ground
· Our main commercial street, Broughton
· Extraordinary Antebellum and Victorian-era dwellings and civic buildings
· Our lively waterfront—the Savannah River, River Street, Factor’s Walk
· A variety of impressive houses of worship
· Girl Scout sites
· Midnight in the Garden of Good and Evil sites
· Savannah College of Art and Design
· Museums to check out after the tour, including several fine house museums
· Majestic live oaks festooned with Spanish moss, and in spring, fragrant magnolias and masses of gorgeous azaleas and camellias
· Fantastic places to dine, sip, and shop
· Revelations from romantic figures of our past to pop culture icons of today
· And more!
Your tour includes an individually-fitted bike, helmet for those under age 16 (optional for others), a bottle of water, and, of course, a friendly and knowledgeable guide who will lead you on your pedal through history. From the Savannah River to Forsyth Park, you will see the best of Savannah’s historic sights, by bicycle!